Mobile bike repair
The Wisconsin Bike Fed operates two Mobile Repair Programs in Milwaukee, bringing free bike fixes to the community — by bike! Repair Coordinators partner with high school-aged youth who are trained and hired to do bike repairs at parks, schools, special events, and more!
One program is based out of the Milwaukee Bike Fed office for the Layton Boulevard West Neighborhoods in 53215 and 53204 zip codes. The other is based out of Valid Bike Shop inside North Division High School in the Lindsay Heights Neighborhood, on the near North side of Milwaukee and primarily serves 53206, 53212, 53208 zip codes. Both North and South programs use Cargo Bikes to be Roll-Models for our transportation method of choice. We would like to thank Hayes Performance Systems for supplying the brakes and wheels for the E-assist Bullitt and Coast In Bike Shop for the help with the electric assist set up!
Summer 2018 Locations – TBD
Summer 2017 Locations
Here’s where Mobile Bike Repair will be during our Summer 2017 season. Stop by for free bike fixes at these events.
- Clarke Square (2330 W Vieau St), July 17th-20th, 11am-3pm
- Trowbridge Square (1530 S 38th St), July 24th-27th, 1-5pm
- Mitchell Park (2200 W Pierce St), July 31st-August 3rd, 11am-3pm
- Merrill Park (461 N 35th St), August 7th-August 10th, 11am-3pm
- Clinton Rose Park (290 W. Chambers St. ) 7/17-7/20 , 11am-3pm
- Columbia Park (1354 w. Columbia St.) 7/31-8/3, 11am-3pm
- Franklin Square (2643 N 13th St) 8/7-8/10 , 11am-3pm
News about the program
Read more about what Mobile Bike Repair is up to on our blog.
Request Mobile Bike Repair
To request Mobile Repair at your Community Event contact Jake Newborn 414-255-0377 or email@example.com. Some events we may be able to provide service for free, others may require a fee.