Make your cycling voice heard
You’re invited to join us for Lobby Day on April 13th, 2017 in downtown Madison. We will convene at the Madison Concourse Hotel for a presentation on the 2017 Legislative Priorities and a networking lunch.
Spend the afternoon visiting with your legislators and join us at the Lobby Day reception from 4-6pm for a debrief and camaraderie.
- 10:30am: Registration opens at the Concourse
- 11am: I give welcome, go over three issues we’ll be lobbying on, and give some pointers on good lobbying techniques
- 11:30am: Panel discussion on state transportation issues with Sen. Risser, Rep. Rohrkaste and former Sec. Gottlieb
- 12:15am: Lunch
- 1pm: Send off to Capitol
- 2pm-4pm: Saris Cycle-Ops trainers available for a demonstration in Rotunda
- 4pm-6pm: Reception begins at Coopers Tavern
2017 Legislative priorities
- More money for local roads – fix the potholes & pave the shoulders. In general, we want support for more funding in the budget for local road repair, where we all ride.
- Support for the Vulnerable Users bill. This bill will stiffen the penalties for moving violations that kill or injure cyclists, pedestrians or other vulnerable road users.
- Support for the Vision Zero campaign to increase safety and reduce crashes for all road users.
Important: Before you register, please visit http://maps.legis.wisconsin.gov/# to find your State Senate & Assembly District information. This will allow us to accurately schedule our legislative meetings. Please register by April 10th to allow for enough time to schedule meetings.
PLEASE NOTE YOU MAY ALSO REGISTER DAY OF AT THE CONCOURSE!