The Wisconsin Bike Fed is hosting five Fed Fests across the state this fall as a chance to ride, enjoy some food and beverages and celebrate what we love about bicycling in our state. Join us in Appleton, Eau Claire, La Crosse, Madison, or Milwaukee. The Bike Fed inspires, motivates, and unites a strong and diverse community to move bicycling forward in Wisconsin. We couldn’t be happier to team up with our bicycling friends around the state to celebrate biking at Fed Fest! Please RSVP for all the Fed Fests here.
Appleton Fed Fest
Fed Fest is a series of fun bicycle rides and social gatherings across Wisconsin organized by the Bicycle Federation of Wisconsin. Locally, this event is hosted by the Fox Cities Cycling Association (FCCA). Join us in the celebration – the FCCA will provide subs, drinks and dessert, you can bring a dish to pass. There will be bike rides for all including a Family Ride and 12 mile Fun Ride to Little Chute’s new bike trail and Appleton’s new bike lanes on Newberry St. We will also be recognizing volunteers and local municipalities for their work to improve cycling in our community. Details, updates and RSVP on facebook here
Lunch 11:30 – 12:30
Program 12:30 – 1:00
Bike Rides 1:00 – 3:00
Phoenix Park and The Livery
We will meet at the Phoenix Park pavilion, 300 Riverfront Terrace, at 11am for a family friendly bike ride (11 miles), highlighting Eau Claire’s wonderful trail systems. Mechanics will be on hand for any pre-ride maintenance concerns. The ride will end at The Livery at 1pm, 316 Wisconsin Street (2 blocks from Phoenix Park) for special deals on New Belgium Brewery beer with proceeds going to benefit the Wisconsin Bike Fed; food is available for purchase.
Bicycle leaders from the community will lead a series of rides for every ability and rally back at the Bodega for refreshments and good cheer. The bike rides will leave from Cameron Park on the corner of Cameron Street and Fifth Avenue. They will include a road ride, a fast road road, and an urban ride. All rides will end at the Bodega on the corner of Fourth and Pearl Street at 3pm for a Fed Fest celebration. The party will include beer, door prizes, and conversation. New Belgium will be providing beer. Food available for purchase.
- Rides begin at Cameron Park, 1pm
- Socializing/ride end at Bodega,3pm-5pm
It’s time for “Fed Fest” 2012! Join the Wisconsin Bike Fed and our generous co-hosts – the Capital Brewery and Capital Brewery Bike Club on Thursday October 11th!
After a scenic ride, grab a complimentary beer ticket and chat with Bike Fed Staff. Enjoy great company around the fire pit and a bite to eat. Join us at the Bier Garten even if you are unable to hop into the group ride! Plenty of bike and car parking at the brewery.
5pm: Meet at Brewery
5:30pm departure to enjoy a social-paced 10-12 mile ride planned and led by the Capital Brewery Bike Club.
6:30 – 9pm: Return to the Brewery Bier Garten.
Bike Fed Milwaukee Office 3618 W Pierce St Milwaukee WI 53215
Come visit the Bike Fed Milwaukee office for rides and refreshments. Benefit from a bike class, choose from a series of bike rides for all abilities, and refuel with tasty food and New Belgium brews. Let’s celebrate 2012 and thank all of those who have volunteered. It is the community that makes the Bike Fed a strong organization. Come early for Bike School to improve your safety knowledge and then choose from one of four rides and then socialize with your fed friends from 3-5pm.
- Bike School-Learn the rules of the road and bike handling skills to make yourself a safer and more confident cyclist. Bike Fed Office 12:30-1pm
- Lycra- Get a workout with this 15 mps plus ride. Clubs welcome! Meet and end at the Bike Fed office. Ride from 1-3pm.
- City Streets-Explore unique southside neighborhoods and landmarks by bike and enjoy how bike friendly Milwaukee is once you know the best routes. Meet and end at the bike fed office. Ride from 1:30-3pm.
- Mountain Bike-Ride the Menominee River Trails is Wauwatosa and explore Milwaukee’s off-road options. Meet at the Hoyt Park Pool parking lot to ride at 1:30 and either drive a car or bike back to Bike Fed HQ at 3pm. We promise not to judge you.
- Family/Tour of the Hank Aaron State Trail-Get the trailer, xtracycle, kids bikeor tag-along ready for a family bike ride. We will ride the Hank Aaron State Trail from the Bike Fed office east to 6th and Canal(6 miles rountrip) or west to 94th Place (4 miles roundtrip). Parents will get to vote on which way to go both routes are 100% on trail with a few at-grade street crossings. Parents must accompany children. Meet and end at the bike fed office. Ride from 1:30-3pm.
- Bike School 12:30-1:30pm
- Rides: 1:30-3pm (Lycra 1-3pm)
- Socializing 3-5pm
Come meet friends new and old, ride with the Bike Fed, and enjoy a tasty beverage and food as you celebrate bicycling at Fed Fest 2012!
Please RSVP for all the Fed Fests and let us know via the RSVP form if you would also like to lend a hand and volunteer. Visit the Bike Fed website or facebook page to get the most up to date info on the Fed Fests.